Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Square box bag for knitting or cosmetics

I've seen these types of bags everywhere for knitting and I always thought they were really cute, I searched for tutes all over and used a few to come up with this, its actually fairly easy, much more than I thought it would be.

I used some fun fabric from ikea, Ive seen on here before, green with cute white hippos, lined it with some pink cotton, a black 9 inch zipper was all I had here to use and the handle is pink with white polka dot grosgrain ribbon

everything I already had so even more fun, I didn't have to buy anything extra

The most difficult part for me was getting the corner seams even, where you sew the triangles, I had to do it twice, I also would use more stiffer interfacing when I make another, this one is really floppy, I just used what I
had

here's where I got most of my tips from http://dragoknit.blogspot.com/2007/02/box-bag-tutorial.html

here's some pix





5 comments:

  1. Hey there preggo knitter! Popped over from the July board...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcie! love your bags, they are cute. You've been tagged for 8 Random facts! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag looks great. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcie...congrats on your big news...I didn't notice the ticker until after I posted. Take care of yourself and get lots of rest and eat right! I am thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Moosie. A baby!

    I love your bags.
    I've posted about your WONDERFUL stitch markers. Head on over to irisheyes and take a look see!
    I

    ReplyDelete